2018 Girls Winter Championships
January 13 - 15, 2018
(Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend)
(runs concurrently with the Boys Winter Championships)
Arrival – Players should plan to arrive on Friday evening January 12, 2018.
There will be a pre-tournament team meeting in the hotel - Time will be provided by your coach.
Departure – This is a three-day tournament. The last day of a tournament consists of playoff and placement brackets. There is no way to determine when your team’s last match of the day will be as the schedule is determined by tournament standings. Therefore, we ask you to assume that you will be at the venue through 5pm and plan your return flight for after then.
The Chicago Girls Winter Championship schedule is now available. Please use the link below to check the schedule. Be sure to bookmark this page as the schedule will be continually updated as the tournament progresses:
Admission will be charged for spectator entry. The cost is $10 per day or $25 for a 3 day pass. There are no pre-sales. Admission sales begin on Saturday January 13th at 6:00am.
Marriott Marquis Chicago
2121 South Prairie Avenue
Chicago Illinois 60616 USA
Note that this is a brand new hotel that is directly connected to the play site (McCormick Place Convention Center).
McCormick Place Convention Center
2301 South King Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60616
For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved for parents. The name of the block is, Long Island Volleyball Academy and the available room-types are as follows:
- Single/double occupancy: $144
- Triple occupancy: $164
- Quad occupancy: $184
To reserve your room, please follow the following steps:
- Make sure to note the key dates of the tournament (arrive January 12, depart January 15 - Nights required are the 12th, 13th, and 14th)
- Click here to make your reservation. This link takes you directly to the Academy room block.
- The link above should take you directly to the Academy Room block, however (depending on your web browser), the booking site can change as they make updates to it.
If you come to a screen with a drowp-down menu first, please Select, "I have an access code" from the drop-down menu and enter the code: LIACAD, then proceed to reserve your room.
- Make sure you reserve today! Rooms are first come, first served.