2017/18 BOYS Season Kick-Off
Welcome to the 2017/18 club volleyball season. Academy Volleyball is excited to get back in action and is pleased to announce that we will be hosting our season-opening Kick-Off event at St. Anthony's High School on Sunday October 29, 2017. Please note the following times
|Boys||Sunday, October 29, 2017||1pm - 3pm||St. Anthony's High School|
We are asking that all players and at least one parent attend this event where we will provide more information on Academy's training philosophy and program. At this event we will set expectations on training, tournaments, and personal conduct. In addition, the following will also be completed at the Season Kick-Off:
- Discuss Academy's policies, procedures, and rules
- Head-shot photos will be taken
- Uniform Sizing will be completed
- Fund-Raising Opportunity information will be provided
- First Deposits will be taken
- Tournament Information Provided
- Collect required documentation
- And much more!
If you have not already done so, please see below for the steps that need to be followed once you have accepted an offer (all paperwork will be collected at the Season Kickoff):
- Complete the GEVA Player Parent Participation Agreement, which is required by the Garden Empire Volleyball Association. This document must be signed and returned to us at the Kick-Off (if you have not already done so).
Review the Academy Member Agreement-Boys '17-'18. Please sign and return the last page.
Review the Academy Parent Information Sheet-Boys '17-'18. This sheet is for your review and reference only.
- Please read, sign, and return the Academy Parent Code of Conduct '17-'18. This document will be collected at our official Kick-Off on October 29, 2017 at St. Anthony's High School.
Please have your athlete read, sign, and return the Academy Player Code of Conduct (signed by Players). This document will be collected at our official Kick-Off on October 29, 2017 at St. Anthony's High School.
Complete the uniform sizing and player profile form.
Read the Academy Sports of Long Island Handbook '17-'18. This is our official handbook. Please read carefully and be informed about all of our policies and practices. We will discuss these policies in further detail at our official Kick-Off as well as covered in individual team meetings once the season begins.
There is a lot of information contained in these documents so please read carefully and make sure to reach out to us with any questions. We are looking forward to another great year for Academy Volleyball!
In Case You Missed It...
In order to participate in all Academy Volleyball activities, each athlete must have a Medical Release and an Assumption of Risk form on file. If you have not yet filled one out, please download forms and bring it with you to the Opening Kick-Off.
Also, if you have attended a tryout, but have not yet registerred online, we ask that you please do so now by using the link below: